Friday, September 7, 2007

Home Is Where the Cold Is...

This is the current view from my living room window. I took this photo through the glass two days ago. Spring is here, as the snow capped mountains CLEARLY show!!! LOL. Honestly, blog-watchers, if it weren't for the daffodils and the lambs springing about all around me, I'd be convinced I was in the depths of winter. In the space of a week I've gone from waking up in the Californian heat, and having to kick the covers off, to waking up with my nose running and my teeth chattering, and trying to delay the inevitable - that horrible chilly morning dash to the bathroom. Its absolutely great to be home, but BOY, do I miss the warmth. To console myself I keep thinking about that holy trek from hell across Oklahoma, when I thought me and the Bomb were both gonna melt right into the pavement with the heat, and all I was interested in was shade and water. Now? I'm looking for hot chocolate with a very healthy dash of Baileys in it, or a tall mug of mulled spice wine. Ah well... I'm off to stoke up the log burner, and make plans for heading into the forest this coming week, to grab another trailer-load of firewood. Methinks the sun frocks will be sitting in the closet for a while yet, as will the sunscreen...

1 comment:

tofeather said...

What a beautiful view. Looks fantastic. Spring, Huh ????, so you get to do Summer all over again ,(He He He). Well, hope you have a good one, take care of the "Bomb", and Ride, Ride, Ride.
Happy Trails from New Hampster. jim & Carol, "In the Wind"