Monday, June 25, 2007



One thing that has caused a major headache and sleepless nights for way too long (read - months!!!) was the problem of obtaining liability insurance to traverse the USA as an "alien" with no US residence zip code or social security number. After weeks of suggestions, debates, knock-backs and frustrated wailing and gnashing of teeth (BIG thanks to all who tried to help, smoothed out my feathers when I got them in a tangle, and encouraged me to remain solution focussed!!), a company emerged called Fernet Insurance, based in Orlando Florida, who set it all up with a couple of phone calls and a fax. Anyone who wants or needs to can contact them on info@fernet.com I talked to a woman named Phyllis there, who was an absolute star, and for whom nothing was too much trouble. She and Nancee Williams ironed out my forehead and put the smile back on my face.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Go for it Max, this post is tinged with some sadness, you chose a road trip across the states in favour of coming the the UK and missing the chance for me and you to have a 'few' bottles of wine together (what could have swayed you??)...but you know I hope that you have a fantastic time, keep the posts and pictures coming, from 'the rocket man', AKA Dave

Maxine Cook said...

Aww... Rocket Man, you just keep that wine-drenched chin up, y'hear? There's always next year!!!! They're still makin' vino, darls, and we WILL have our day in the sun (or should I say our night under the table?). One aim I have when I get to the Napa Valley is to park up the Bomb, find a place to sleep, and partake in the delights of the region's grape-based offerings. It would just be so rude, not to... Since I'll be passing, and all... Will have a pinot noir or three, just for you!