Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dinner Riders



Tonight I met a really nice bunch of Denise's friends who go riding every Wednesday night and stop somewhere for dinner. The weather is so hot and humid here in Oklahoma City right now that nobody was really up for much of a ride, so we just went to a Mexican restaurant and all had a meal together anyway. It always amazes me how interested people are, when they find out I'm from New Zealand, and how many questions they have. I want to take this opportunity to say "thank you" Denise, for your lovely hospitality and your helpfulness, and for introducing me to some good Oklahoma bike-loving locals. Its been a real pleasure staying in your delightfully cool house, and I really hope you get to do that ride in New Zealand next year, so we can meet again on MY little patch of dirt. You're an awesome rider, a real machine head, and my wish for you is that you always stay upright, safe, and happy, and never stop doing what you love to do.

Max signs off, mulling over the chances of making it out the door tomorrow morning with Denise's LOOOOVELY!!!!! pink and black riding jacket...

2 comments:

RedDog said...

Somehow we knew that Denise would take good care of you. Fare safe over OK and into TX and the Big Texan in your new pink coat.

Kathy & Arild

tofeather said...

O-K, glad you are making up for the lost time of waiting for the "Cherry Bomb" to arrive. I enjoy reading the blog, sounds like you're having a time of it. It'd great that you have people to get to from time to time. Keep on "Keeping On".
Sorry about the fire on the saddle bag and you're cel phone not being up to par. If you want to chat you can call me collect. Happy Trails,jim & Carol.