Monday, July 16, 2007

Calling Ann in Dunedin!

This entry is to Ann ("Pupface" - my Legal Beagle) - can you please email me? I don't have your email address and I need to pick your brains. The NZ shipping company sent a fax to my home detailing their Terms and Conditions, which of course I cannot read, since I am currently 6000 freakin' miles away, which I guess they kinda forgot about (standard of helpfulness remains constant, it seems!). I'm guessing that means they have their asses covered pretty tight as far as Contract Law is concerned, but I'm wondering about civil recourse under Tort Law (e.g negligence, equity?). Can you please email me so I can give you the full facts in exchange for your thoughts? My solicitor will send me a bill if I ask him, and I'm thinking you may be slightly cheaper at a couple of gallons of wine after I get back. Luv ya.

No comments: