Friday, July 13, 2007

I WAS WRONG

I was wrong, folks. It actually WAS a train.
The call I made to the broker just now confirms that the bike is still (YES - STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in Los Angeles, and although she has cleared customs (just today apparently - so much for "72 hours maximum") she DIDN'T get put on anyone's truck today, and nobody, apparently works the weekend, so she MIGHT get on a truck on Monday, and the estimated time of travel is 5-7 business days, which puts me at 21st July. That will be seventeen days since my arrival, and only four short of the estimated arrival time of the option of railing her, which is almost as much of a waste of time, considering she still has to be put together for me to ride away on, and I'm due to fly out from the other side of a country I'm now not going to see much of, on September 5th.
I'm going to take this weekend to decide whether it is actually going to be worth trying to fulfil this dream at all, (since I also can't seem to get an answer out of my travel agent as to whether its going to be feasible cost-wise to change my ticket to go home later, and even if I can, whether I will have enough holiday funds to keep me going any later, given that I've already used up two week's worth trying to get this mess sorted out) or whether to put the brakes on getting her sent over here at all, and get her turned around and shipped straight home again instead, and go home myself, and maybe work on the next dream. Right now this country feels like a pretty hostile place to be, beaurocratically speaking, in addition to all the bullshit I got about timeframes at the New Zealand shipping end. Its hard to believe anything anybody in so-called "authority" says to me anymore. I really don't know if its worth all this aggravation. The neuralgia is back, too, unfortunately. It went away for about 8 hours, then >BOOM<, back with a vengeance. I'm popping ibuprofen like sweets in the hope I don't end up in the ER, where the beaurocracy can only get even worse. I'm desperate to avoid any more.
Sorry to sound so negative, but I know there's a lot of you out ther wondering what's going on, and whether this mess is going to get any less unbelievable, so I'm updating you as best I can. I suspect that it ISN'T going to get any less unbelievable, and I really don't know how else to feel, at this point, or what else I can say, to any of you. It feels like somebody is throwing balls of fire at me from hell. I hope to feel better soon, and will keep y'all posted. Send me some love, people, its all needed, at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up, babe. If I could, I'd get over to LA myself, put the bomb together for ya and ride it to ya. Sounds like even if I swim it would be faster. What the fks wrong with these assholes? Thinking of you, DON'T give up xxx
R