Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ha Ha beatcha' to it!

Well today began with the Max wiggling like a very happy dawg.. I mean all wiggley.. The news was the bike was really in Manchester, well on the line to Londonderry if you must be particular.

So off we went and picked it up.. Now bein' a guy last time I checked, I had the idea getting the bike was the thing to be done and get it back here pronto, but guys just don't get it, when a woman is involved so we got the bike alrighty, but then we went shoes shoppin... Well that's a little lie as it really wasn't shoes shoppin but it could have been if I hadn't been so stern... or is that aft?

After a decent luch on the road we arrived at camp, and the girls helped unload the crate and again went shoppin', which is a good thing as I have no need to talk about the "How To" when it really doesn't matter to anyone who just wants the end product anyway, and that is exactly what we have.

The bike is all set except adjusting the handle bars and the mirrors and the battery is on a auto charger and demanding current... I am not so sure I like the condition of the ft brake pads, but they have some life. I gave the caliper a bit of excercise which it liked too..

Oh yes I bought a 12 volt power take off to wire in which is best done after the battery is set... That will allow her to charge the cell phone as she rides in case the bloomin thing ever works...

2 comments:

Sue said...

Could it be true? The Cherry Bomb has arrived!? ALRIGHT!! So glad to hear the good news! FINALLY!!!(And in my finest voice- On the road again! She just can't wait to get on the road again!) OK now- You Go Girl!
Sue

Liz said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

At long last - you must almost need a reunion party, it's been so long! So, first stop the post office so you can parcel up all your new shoes? They won't fit in the saddle bags, you know that! Second stop - go get this mission underway, babes! What a relief! :-)