Wednesday, July 25, 2007

THUNDER THIEF!!!!

Rotten ugly fat swine, taking away my moment, like that... HOW COULD YOU???? Where's that damn Ruger??? Anyway, the MacMan - who will definitely keep until such time as I choose to deal with him - is quite correct. After hearing that Cherry was on her way from New York through the night, to a location not too far from here (Londonderry, New Hampshire) we set off yesterday with the van and trailer to collect her. The sight of the crate sitting there in their warehouse, with no damage to it at all (which has been the enduring nightmare since this whole hideous debacle started unfolding), and ready to rock and roll with me, brought the biggest lump to my throat that I've had in a long time. I'VE GOT MY LOVELY OLD FRIEND BACK!!!!! (No, Macster, I don't mean you, right now...). As I write this Cherry is reassembled, battery charged, and almost ready for action. We're going for a test ride this afternoon, and all things being equal I'll be on the highway tomorrow. The crate withstood intensive handling and movement across 8 thousand miles, by any number of forklifts, trucks, winches, chains and Mac-manhandling; and all that had broken loose was one of the two support chains hooking her in place from the bottom of the crate. She hadn't moved an inch. That is testimony to the meticulous reconstruction done by Kerry in Nelson. Thank you honey, you done good!
As for the shopping, you will all be gobsmacked to know that there were NO shoes involved, and the shopping wasn't even for me! AND it only took fifteen minutes, so please don't listen to this mad, ranting individual here - who, incidentally, is about to be torn unceremoniously from his soapbox BIGSTYLE, about thirty one seconds from when I sign out of here - because he's the sort of man who would complain very loudly if his a** was on fire and somebody pi**ed on him to put the fire out, and I've had just about enough of his bare faced cheek and trying to hijack this one-woman iron pony show, for one month. Heaven help me, I love the damn fool anyway, so I won't be whipping him more than sixty times today. And, no thanks to the incompetence of those who for now still remain namless (but who know who they are), but huge thanks to the magnificent team of movers and shakers between LA and New Hampshire (who also know who they are), the two-wheeled adventure begins...

No comments: